Monday, April 23, 2012

EASTER 2012

So this was definitely a good age for egg hunts.  The trio is still not to fond of unknown men dressed up in costumes, but really I'm ok with that!  This year we had plenty of Easter fun, we went to the PAMOM Easter egg hunt, we dyed eggs with 4 toddlers under 2 (crazy, I know), we went to church, and even got in one last egg hunt before it started storming on Easter Sunday!
  
This year our PAMOM event was at the Owens Farm which is pretty close to Lolli-Pops house.  Of course I missed the memo that you're supposed to practice egg hunting before the big event, but the babies must be naturals because they were all over it!  After a traumatic meeting with the easter bunny we were able to feed some goats, grab a bite to eat ourselves and still manage to make it to the egg hunt on time.  
  
This was also a big day for the babies because we traveled to the farm and had a picnic with several of our relatives from Tyler and Emory!  Unfortunately, my battery died that day so I don't have any pictures.  The kids loved running around and touching all the outdoors stuff.  I was certain a heart attack was in my near future after the kids scattered, but I soon calmed and realized the great outdoors is a VERY fun place for them to explore!  We even got some updated shots of the trio and Jemma on the steps of the old house!  I will update this post when Becca sends me the pictures.

Now for the egg dying story...Rebecca and I made plans to dye eggs with the babies.  We decided we would need all hands on deck expecting this to be a messy project. So naturally I called Lolli and asked her to come help.  She insists that when I called she thought she was going to be watching the kids while Becca and I dyed the eggs.  Needless to say she was shocked upon hearing our plan and reminded us several times of how she would never have let us do this for fear of the mess!  I appeased her fears by telling her of course we will be doing it outside, yes...we'll have a 1 to1 ratio, and I even heard a tip from a friend to use whisks to dip the eggs into the dye.  Now since I'm a newbie at this stuff I've never tried the old fashioned way but this seemed to work very well.   Of course we still broke eggs, spilled the dye cups and had dye ALL over the place but lets face it...4 kids under 2, it was challenging to say the least!  It was all worth it though because the kids had the experience and we took lots of pictures!  The only downfall was when Becca asked me if I wanted to do it again next week, I gave her one of those--are you crazy looks--before answering NO!  Then she gently told me she didn't have a memory card in the camera...bummer!   So now we will have to wait until next year for pictures!   Not even I am looney enough to do that more than once a year!

Easter Sunday was a chilly, rainy day, Jeremy and I spent the night before making 10 dozen mini muffins to take to our sunday school class for breakfast.  Getting to church on time is a bit of a challenge since we have to leave when the kids are normally waking up, but we all made it dressed and ready to go!  I think we were even a little early, oddly enough.  The babies don't understand what Easter is about, but next year we hope to share the real meaning of Easter!  
So in our haste to get the kids inside and lunch started I didn't get any good pictures of their outfits.  You can kinda see them while they're looking at their baskets...my bad!  Madison had a beautiful dress loaned from our friend Alicia and the boys looked dashing in their little suits!

As I stop just short of a book, here are some pictures--enjoy!  
We love you all, Happy Easter!

The Bunny looks so defeated!  Kids were not impressed!


Our friend Kylee giving Madison a hug!




hmmm...

I wonder what is so shocking!?!


Easter morning after church, this hen in the front is going to provide
many years of entertainment!








Jemma in action!  She wasn't all that interested in picking up eggs.

What a loot!

Even Georgie is curious about this!

No comments:

Popular Posts