Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow-Cation

I think we were all excited Monday night at the possibility of snow on Tuesday, and as we woke up to the rain, thunder, lightening, and sleet we should have known our winter weather was here to stay.  Day One in the house Jeremy didn't go to work.  Then the temp just kept dropping and Wednesday morning we awoke to still ice covered streets.  Day Two Jeremy left after nap time so he could work a couple hours then stay at my parents to be able to make it to work on Thursday.  The babies and I started out on our long homebound experience!  Day Three streets are still covered with ice and now we expect 1-2 inches of snow tonight.  I stayed up and noticed snow falling several hours before it was expected.  I think when I went to sleep we had about 1-2 inches.  Upon waking up I see our very own winter wonderland!  It must have been at least 6 inches.  Day Four mission was set into place...I will build a snowman in the front yard.  After cold fingers, knees, and toes my sweet neighbors and I finished and I was able to come back inside to my warm and comfortable pajamas.  Day Five Jeremy is working again, but he's coming home tonight...YAY!  And after a day of sunshine and 40+ degree weather it seems we may be getting back to normal...at least until Wednesday, when we expect more SNOW!

Jeremy feeding all three babies so I could have some free time!

I guess Tyler got cold, he pulled his blanket down
 on top of him and tucked himself in!

This is the view from the front door.

This is about 24 hours after we built him!
It's a good thing we played in the snow yesterday,
it doesn't seem to stick around very long.

This was Saturday night before the snow
came at Jemma's meet the baby party.

This is how we feed now!  So sad...yet so convenient!


2 comments:

Mel said...

So cute!! Glad you guys stayed safe during the winter storm & get ready because it's coming back this week!! :D

Amber Star said...

Laura and Jeremy,
We were so happy and tickled to receive the Christmas card with the pictures of the Ballew-Berries pictures. They are so adorable!! I have their pictures on the fridge as if they were our own. We really need to get in touch with Jeremy or you. Billy Jack's mother passed last Thursday and we don't have Mark's phone number or anyone's phone number or email. Our email inside. ps-my real name is Linda and I'm Billy Jack's wife.

Popular Posts